Thank you for your interest in volunteering with As[I]Am! Below is a list of volunteer roles that you can take part in, but if you have other skills that you think you can contribute to the site, don’t hesitate to let us know. Also, please take a moment to fill out our volunteer form.
- Transcription volunteers – Listen or watch our new content before it goes out while helping us make our website more accessible! Transcribe audio interviews, video posts, and new episodes of the Drop That Hyphen podcast.
- Accessibility monitor – Help us make our posts more accessible to folks who are differently abled. This includes adding descriptive captions to pictures, reaching out to artists/creators for added information, and providing alternative modes of accessing our materials.
- Social media – There are so many things going on in the social justice landscape, it’s impossible for our small staff to keep track of them all. Be our “eyes and ears” in the field by suggesting posts to read/share and work with our coordinators to build a cohesive and comprehensive voice for As[I]Am on our social media sites.
- Event volunteering – We are planning more events, like our successful poetry feature, but we need your help! If you would like to volunteer on publicity, event setup, and/or planning, let us know. We are mostly based in the NYC and Boston areas, but we are hoping to expand to other areas in the future.
- **Additionally, if you have an event that you think relates to our mission and you would like to promote it through us and/or partner, please let us know by emailing editors@projectasiam.
- Fundraising/development – As[I]Am is truly a labor of love, and we want to make sure that all of our writers are able to be paid for their work. We conduct 1-2 grassroots campaigns a year and hunt for grant funding throughout the year, so if you have skills in fundraising and development, particularly in grant writing and research, please get in touch!
- In-kind donors – Love As[I]Am? Want to support us in our development but don’t have the cash? Be an in-kind donor! If you have a skill, piece, or object that you would like to donate, we would love to add your name to our list of supporters. Please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn how you can get involved.